This Recipe includes
|Cherry tomatoes – for a bit of sweetness and tart
|Mixed greens – you can use any sort of greens like romain lettuce, arugula, mâche, frisée, chicory, baby spinach, etc.
|(Optional) onion – chopped red onions or sweet onions
Spices, herbs and ingredients for flavor:
|Red wine vinegar – for that sweet tangy taste.
|Olive oil – melds well with the balsamic vinegar to make it less sweet
|Feta cheese – for a light salty taste
|Pinch of salt and pepper
Why we love it
This is nothing like a delicious Greek Salad with olives and feta to bring on the feeling of being on the Mediterranean. Adding the tangy and briny taste of olives with the creamy and salty flavor of feta cheese, you have a salad that is truly irresistible.
One of the things that makes Greek Salad so appealing is its simplicity. The crisp greens, sweet tomatoes and tart onions, are a perfect balance to the rich red wine vinaigrette, without a lot of fuss.
You can serve it as a main dish for a light lunch, or as a side dish with grilled chicken or fish. It is a wonderful guilt-free option for those looking to maintain a healthy diet.
It is also a crowd-pleaser, whether you’re feeding a group of friends at a summer bbq, or just looking for a light salad at lunch or dinner.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can prepare the greek salad and the red wine vinaigrette a few hours in advance, but don’t add the dressing into the salad.
The salad will become heavy and wilt with the dressing on top, so it is best to keep them separately.
Keep them separate in the fridge, and when ready to serve remove both from the fridge about 20 minutes in advance so that they get to room temperature. Then add the dressing onto the salad a few minutes before you are ready to serve.
Greek salad with olives and feta
- 5 oz bag of mixed greens
- 8-10 chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 200 g 3/4 cup of feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion, chopped (optional)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by mixing the olive oil and rice wine vinegar, along with the salt and pepper.
- Chop the feta, red onion, and cherry tomatoes into small pieces.
- In a large salad bowl, combine mixed greens with all the ingredients including the dressing.
- Toss the salad to make sure that the dressing coats evenly.
- Serve when ready.
Please note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual.
You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other salad recipes
- Quinoa salad with feta, peas, and corn
- Bacon and egg potato salad with Greek dressing
- Avocado lentil salad with mozzarella
- Chicken and chickpea salad
- Roasted cherry tomatoes salad with vinaigrette
- Corn avocado tomato salad
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic salad recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!