This Recipe includes
- Tuna – canned tuna works best, as it is already cooked and can easily be added into the dish
- Corn – I recommend canned corn rather than canned sweet corn to avoid making it too sweet. (Sweet corn has a higher sugar content as it is picked while still immature, before the sugar has a chance to turn into starch.)
- Mixed greens – you can use any sort of mixed greens like arugula, mâche, frisée, chicory, romain lettuce, baby spinach, etc.
- Red onion – for a bit of heat
For the dressing:
- Balsamic vinegar – for that sweet tangy taste.
- Olive oil – melds well with the balsamic vinegar to make it less sweet
- Feta cheese – for a light salty taste
- Salt and pepper – for a bit more flavor
Why we love it
This tuna corn salad recipe is not only a delicious treat, it is also an excellent source of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. And best of all, it can be prepared in 10 minutes or less.
Canned tuna is a great option to consider when you need something handy and easy. The combination of tuna and corn provides a nice texture and a blend of flavors that goes well together.
This salad can be served as a main dish or as a side salad, especially if you are watching your health or have a desire to eat a light and nutritious meal.
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
Tuna corn salad is a wonderfully light salad that can be served as a starter at just about any occasion. I would recommend serving it with something light like white pizza with zucchini or salmon in lemon butter sauce.
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the tuna cord salad with greens a few hours in advance, but I don’t recommend adding the dressing into the salad. The salad will become heavy and wilt with the dressing on top, so it is best to keep them separately.
Keep them separate in the fridge, and when ready to serve remove both from the fridge about 20 minutes in advance so that they get to room temperature. Then add the balsamic dressing onto the salad a few minutes before you are ready to serve.
If you like this recipe
- 5oz bag of mixed greens
- 5oz can of tuna (140g)
- 5oz can of corn (140g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 200g (3/4 cup) of feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by mixing the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, along with the salt and pepper.
- Chop the feta, and red onion into small pieces.
- In a large salad bowl, combine mixed greens with all the ingredients including the dressing.
- Toss the salad to make sure that the dressing coats evenly.
- Serve when ready.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious salad recipes that are easy to make. Bon appétit!