This Recipe includes
|Red onion for a bit of heat|
|Cherry tomatoes for that tart and slightly sweet taste|
Spices, herbs and ingredients for flavor:
|Balsamic vinegar for that sweet tangy taste.|
|Olive oil which melds well with the balsamic vinegar to make it less sweet|
|Feta cheese for a light salty taste|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
On warm weather days, there is nothing like a light and refreshing salad to beat the heat. This delicious pea salad is a wonderful blend of sweet and salty flavors, fresh ingredients, and a crunchy texture that makes it the perfect dish for hot summer days.
The salty feta is complimented by sweet corn and a touch of red onion and cherry tomatoes all mixed together in a balsamic vinaigrette.
It is this layering of flavors that is the secret to this dishes success.
And even better, the ingredients are all low in calories, high in fiber, and packed with vitamins and minerals. This makes the salad a great option for those who are trying to maintain a healthy diet.
It is quick and easy to prepare, and can be made ahead of time, making it a great option for a summer barbecue or potluck. Whether you’re feeding a group of friends, or just looking for a light and refreshing week-day lunch, this salad is the perfect choice.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can easily prepare this pea salad with corn and feta in advance and leave it in the fridge. Store it in an airtight glass container so it keeps fresh.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
- Quinoa salad with feta, peas, and corn
- Bacon and egg potato salad with Greek dressing
- Avocado lentil salad with mozzarella
- Chicken and chickpea salad
- Bacon and blue cheese salad
- Potato egg salad with greek yogurt dressing
- 2 cups of uncooked green peas
- 200g (3/4 cup) of feta cheese
- 5oz can of corn (140g)
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- (Optional) 1/2 red onion
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, add the green peas along with water and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the peas from the heat and drain.
- Place the peas in a large bowl.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and optional onion into small quarters.
- Drain the water from the canned corn.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper,.
- Combine peas with the canned corn, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion, and salad dressing.
- Toss the salad and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 5g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other salad recipes
- Apple feta salad
- Salad with bacon, goat cheese, and creamy garlic dressing
- Tuna corn salad with greens
- Gizzard salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Greek salad with olives and feta
- Roasted cherry tomatoes salad with vinaigrette
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic salad recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!