Easy Ham and egg pizza
Get the easy recipe for this delicious ham and egg pizza that can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. With tips, accompaniments, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Medium-crust pizza dough – any type of short-crust pizza dough|
|Grated cheese – cheddar, gruyère, mozzarella, or emmental cheese.|
|Eggs – medium-sized eggs to add as a topping|
|Smoked ham – any type of smoked ham.|
Accents for the sauce:
|Crème fraiche (Heavy cream) – this is the base of the white sauce.|
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes|
|Salt and pepper|
- You can substitute the heavy cream with low-fat greek yogurt for a lighter version or sour cream for a vegan version.
- I like to add the cheese on top of the pizza partway through the cooking process, after the dough has partially risen, so that the cheese doesn’t burn.
- You can also use bacon instead of smoked ham, but I recommend cooking it quickly on the stove before placing it on the pizza.
Why we love it
There is no reason that ham and eggs have to confined to breakfast. This ham and egg pizza makes for a savory and delicious breakfast, but you can make it for lunch or dinner too!
For a taste of something different, I’m using a creamy garlic sauce instead of a boring red tomato sauce as it is also much faster and easier to put together.
Now, there are several recipes that use bacon instead of ham, the only thing to be aware of is that the bacon may not fully cook if you place it directly on the pizza. I recommend cooking it lightly for about 4-5 minutes, and then placing it on the pizza to cook completely.
And it is as easy as that! Perfect to make the night before for a quick breakfast in the morning or for an easy lunch or dinner.
What to serve with it?
If you are having this ham and egg pizza for breakfast, you can simply serve it with a cup of tea/coffee and yogurt for a quick and healthy breakfast. You can also serve it with a smoothie or freshly pressed orange juice.
You can serve can this pizza as a light lunch or dinner with a pureed carrot soup or a minestrone.
Salads are also a wonderful choice, such as a mixed green salad or a salad niçoise if you want something a little more substantial.
How to store it?
You can make this ham and egg pizza a few hours in advance and just put back in the oven or in the microwave before serving.
However, I would not recommend freezing it. Depending on the dough you use, the dough may get soggy and not taste good if it is not specifically meant to be frozen.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Ham and egg pizza
A easy recipe for ham and egg pizza that can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 pizza crust base
- 25cl (1 cup) of crème fraiche (heavy cream)*
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 slices of smoked ham
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 50g of grated cheese (gruyère, parmesan, cheddar, emmental, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- Spread the pizza crust dough in a baking pan and lightly fold the corners to avoid sauce overflow.
- Chop the ham into thin slices or ribbons.
- In a mixing bowl, mix in the cream with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder and blend well.
- Spread some of the cream mixture onto the pizza base.
- Place pieces of the ham across the pizza and crack open the two eggs onto the pizza and spread it lightly.
- Place the pizza in the oven for 15 minutes until the dough rises halfway.
- Remove from the oven, and add the shredded cheese.
- Place the pizza back in the oven for 10 minutes or until it looks cooked.
- Serve while warm.
* For a lighter version, you can substitute greek yogurt instead of the heavy cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 987Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 238mgSodium: 1865mgCarbohydrates: 127gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 37g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other popular pizzas
- Vegetarian flammkuchen
- White pizza with zucchini
- Puff pastry pizza with mushroom and goat cheese
- Calamari and chorizo pizza
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!