Italian Beef and Spinach pizza
Get the easy recipe for this delicious Italian beef and spinach pizza in a creamy white garlic sauce. With tips, accompaniments, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Medium-crust pizza dough – any type of short-crust pizza dough.|
|Minced beef – fresh or frozen minced beef|
|Spinach – fresh regular spinach or baby spinach.|
|Mozzarella cheese – shredded mozzarella|
Sauce flavoring ingredients:
|Greek yogurt – any type of normal or low-fat greek yogurt. You can also use sour cream if you wish.|
|Ricotta – to make the pizza sauce thicker|
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Takeout can be expensive and unhealthy, while frozen pizza get boring after a while. So why not try a new homemade pizza combination? This Italian beef and spinach pizza is an easy sumptuous meal that’s perfect for lunch or evening family dinner.
The creamy garlic sauce, ground beef, and fresh spinach leaves all come together to create a delicious and healthy meal.
I’m using a creamy garlic sauce rather than a tomato marinara sauce, but feel free to change it up as you wish.
It is the spices infused in the sauce that really make it come together, and with creamy mozzarella cheese on top, the whole dish comes together in 35 minutes or less.
What to serve with it?
You can serve this beef and spinach pizza as a light lunch or dinner with a pureed mushroom soup or a salad like this spinach caesar salad or this apple feta salad with red onion.
How to store it?
You can make this Italian beef and spinach pizza a few hours in advance and just put back in the oven or in the microwave before serving.
However, I would not recommend freezing it. Depending on the dough you use, the dough may get soggy and not taste good if it is not specifically meant to be frozen.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Italian beef and spinach pizza
A easy recipe with beef and spinach pizza that the whole family will love.
- 1 pizza crust base
- 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of ricotta
- 1/4 lb of minced beef (100g)
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 50g of mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- Spread the pizza crust dough in a baking pan and lightly fold the corners to avoid sauce overflow.
- In a large wok, cook the minced meat until it is no longer red.
- Add the spinach to the wok, and let the minced beef and spinach mix for one minute. Then take off stove.
- In a mixing bowl, mix in the greek yogurt and ricotta with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder and blend well.
- Spread some of the cream mixture onto the pizza base.
- Spread beef and spinach across the pizza.
- Place the pizza in the oven for 15 minutes until the dough rises halfway.
- Remove from the oven, and add the mozzarella cheese.
- Place the pizza back in the oven for 10 minutes or until it looks cooked.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 992Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 1456mgCarbohydrates: 124gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 39g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other popular pizzas:
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!