Veal Roast with broccoli
Enjoy this delicious one-dish recipe for veal roast with broccoli that everyone is bound to love. With accompaniments, cooking tips, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Veal sirloin (approx. 2.2 lb or 1 kg)|
|Chopped frozen broccoli|
Spices, herbs and ingredients for flavor:
|Crushed garlic powder|
|Fresh or dried rosemary|
|Flour – all purpose baking flour to add some thickness to the sauce.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- Use frozen broccoli so that the broccoli doesn’t overcook with the veal. If using fresh broccoli, add the broccoli around 25 minutes after the veal starts cooking in the oven.
Why we love it
There is nothing like succulent veal roast with a side of crisp, green broccoli! Delicious in its simplicity, this is a one-dish recipe that everyone is going to love.
The veal delicate enough to be cooked to perfection with just a light touch of seasoning, yet bold enough to hold its own as the star of the meal.
And the the humble yet delightful broccoli soaks up the meat juices to add even more flavor and texture to the dish. An easy way for everyone to get their veggies in.
This is one dish that is elegant yet comforting, and it always leaves a lasting impression on family and friends. Whether you’re serving it for a special occasion or just a weeknight dinner, this dish is sure to be a hit!
What to serve with it?
This veal roast with broccoli can be served with a potato mushroom casserole or this sautéed garlic potatoes.
Another great option is this air fryer sweet potato wedges or this aligot (cheesy mashed potatoes).
How to store it?
You can store this veal roast and broccoli easily, and leave it in the fridge.
Keep it in an air tight container so that it doesn’t lose moisture. When ready to eat, you can heat it in the microwave or oven.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Veal roast with broccoli
Veal roast can be cooked easily in the oven, with this delicious recipe that makes a wonderful center piece of any dinner.
- 2.2 lb (1 kg) veal sirloin
- 50g of butter (around 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cups of chopped frozen broccoli
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the garlic, herbs, salt and pepper into the butter.
- Preheat the oven for 375°F (180°C).
- Place a couple of spoonfuls of the melted butter and spices on top of the veal so that it can spread as it cooks.
- Place the roast veal in a baking dish, along with the chopped frozen broccoli.
- Bake for about 50 minutes and baste occasionally with the pan juices.
- Remove the roast veal from the oven and cover the dish with tin foil or a lid to let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- After moving the roast veal to a serving plate, move the meat juices that were in the roasting tray into a small saucepan on the stove.
- In a small bowl, place the flour along with a tablespoon of water and mix to make a roux.
- Mix the roux in to the saucepan and let the mixture come together for 5 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Serve warm alongside the veal roast and broccoli.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other beef recipes
- Air fryer Mongolian beef
- Instant pot Beef bourguignon without wine
- Beef stew with black olives and carrots
- Air fryer steak with garlic herb butter
- Air fryer steak bites with coconut peanut sauce
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!