This Recipe includes
- Whole chicken – chicken approximately 4-5 pounds in weight that will fit in your air fryer for a rotisserie. With giblets removed.
- Vegetable oil – to spray the air fryer basket. Any type of vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil will do.
- Garlic – garlic powder or flakes
- Parsley – fresh or dried parsley or coriander
- Basil – dried basil for flavor
- (Optional) paprika – smoked paprika for a bit of spice
Why we love it
If you love the taste of rotisserie chicken, but don’t have a rotisserie grill at home (let’s face it how many of us do!?), you are going to love this air fryer recipe.
With the air fryer being more versatile, it is no wonder that it has become so popular these days. Slather on some herbs and spices to a whole chicken, and set the time and temperature, and before you know it, dinner is ready!
The resulting roasted and air fried chicken tastes exactly like a rotisserie, with a crispy golden skin that has a ton of flavor. And inside is a soft and juicy meat that is prepared perfectly every time.
As a time saver on those busy weeknights, it doesn’t get any better than this.
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, you can prepare this air fryer whole chicken in advance and leave it in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put it back in the air fryer at 360°F (180°C) for 10-15 minutes to make it warm again.
If you like this recipe
- 1 whole chicken approximately 4-5 pounds in weight, with giblets removed
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (avocado or sunflower oil)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Place the chicken in a bowl and cover with the oil, spices, and herbs. Massage in the spices and herbs into every part of the chicken.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 360°F (180°C).
- Place the whole chicken in the air fryer basket with the breast down for 50 minutes, shaking and rotating them every 15 minutes or so.
- Open the air fryer and check if the chicken has an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C), and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1403Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 3086mgSodium: 806mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 191g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!