Bacon roasted whole chicken
Get the easy recipe for bacon roasted whole chicken that will leave everyone wanting more. With tips, accompaniments and more.
This Recipe includes
|Fresh whole chicken approximately 4-5 pounds in weight, with giblets removed|
|Strips of bacon|
|Vegetable oil (peanut or sunflower oil)|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
|Oven-safe butcher’s twine (also called cooking string or kitchen twine) made from 100% cotton|
Why we love it
When it comes to cooking a whole chicken, there are many different ways to do it. But if you have you ever tried wrapping your chicken in bacon and then cooking, you know that you are in for a treat!
The salty and smoky taste of bacon combined with the juicy and tender chicken is a match made in heaven.
The juices of the bacon combined with the juices of the chicken are so good, that you don’t actually need any herbs or spices with it. Just a bit of vegetable oil, salt and pepper and you are good to go.
It is the perfect “wow” dish that is easy to make for an easy family dinner, lazy Sunday lunch, or that very special occasion.
What to serve with it?
This bacon roasted whole chicken can be served with a potato side like potato mushroom casserole or this sautéed garlic potatoes.
In addition, you can use the leftover chicken in recipes such as this chicken quesadilla or chicken caesar wrap.
How to store it?
You can store portions of this bacon roasted chicken easily and leave it in the fridge.
Keep it in an air tight container so that it doesn’t lose moisture. When ready to eat, you can heat it in the microwave or oven.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Bacon wrapped whole chicken
Cook bacon wrapped whole chicken in the oven for a delicious meal the family will love.
- 1 whole chicken approximately 4-5 pounds in weight, with giblets removed
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (peanut or sunflower oil)
- 5-6 strips of bacon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Oven-safe butcher's twine (also called cooking string or kitchen twine) made from 100% cotton
- Preheat the oven to 400°C (200°C).
- Place the chicken on a chopping board and massage in the oil lightly into every part of the chicken.
- Arrange 2-3 strips of bacon on the top of the chicken. Wrap the string around the bacon and chicken so that the bacon will hold, and tie a knot.
- Flip chicken over and add a couple more strips of bacon. (Squeeze under the string that is already there or attach with a new string.
- Place the whole chicken in the oven with the breast down for 1h30 minutes, rotating it every 25 minutes or so.
- Once the chicken is golden brown, take out from the oven.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 986Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 2068mgSodium: 730mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 131g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other chicken recipes
- Chicken and brussels sprouts in the oven
- Chicken pie with mushrooms and leeks
- Oven baked BBQ chicken drumsticks
- Air fryer lemon pepper chicken drumsticks
- Creamy Chicken in mushroom sauce
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!