This Recipe includes
|Fresh or frozen chicken|
|(Optional) White or oyster mushrooms|
Spices, herbs and ingredients for flavor:
|Crème fraiche – any type of crème fraiche or plain heavy cream.|
|Fresh or dried parsley for herb flavor|
|Liquid chicken stock or cube of chicken stock with water|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- I recommend using fresh broccoli (and optional mushrooms) and adding it to the Instant pot after the chicken finishes cooking.
- If you want to use frozen broccoli (or mushrooms), add it in with the chicken before cooking so that they can both cook together.
Why we love it
The Instant Pot makes cooking chicken incredibly fast. Just pop it in and you can have this creamy chicken and broccoli dish ready in just a few minutes. A real game-changer for busy weeknights.
However, while the chicken is cooking, the broccoli can get overcooked. As the broccoli takes only a few minutes I recommend adding the fresh broccoli at the same time as the cream, after the chicken has already finished cooking so that it keeps its beautiful green color.
But you can add the broccoli and mushrooms to cook along with the chicken as well, you will still get the benefits of the veggies. With the Instant Pot, you can have a meal on the table in no time.
The chicken provides protein, the broccoli is packed with fiber and vitamins, and the creamy sauce adds richness and flavor to the dish. This makes it an ideal option for busy weeknights with enough left over for lunch the next day.
What to serve with it?
This creamy chicken and brussels sprouts goes really well with white or brown rice, which you can cook in the rice cooker at the same time.
You can also serve it with pasta, naan or pita bread for a change.
How to store it?
This creamy chicken and broccoli stew can easily be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge.
You can also freeze it and and store it for up to a month. Just let it cool before placing in an airtight glass container, before placing in the freezer.
When thawing the cream may separate, with water on one side and fat on the other. However, you can just mix it again while reheating.
- 2.5 pounds of chicken (approx. 6 pieces of thigh and leg)
- 2 cups of sliced fresh broccoli
- 20cl of crème fraiche (approx. 3/4 cup of heavy cream)
- (Optional) 1 cup of sliced white or oyster mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Add the chicken, liquid stock, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in the Instant pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the countdown has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes.
- Open the Instant pot and add in the mushrooms, broccoli, and heavy cream in.
- Press the sauté button on the Instant pot (without lid) and cook for about 4-5 minutes until the broccoli looks cooked.
- Serve the creamy chicken and broccoli while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 184mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 48g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other chicken recipes
- Chicken and brussels sprouts in the oven
- Chicken pie with mushrooms and leeks
- Air fryer lemon pepper chicken drumsticks
- Air fryer garlic chicken drumsticks
- Creamy Chicken in mushroom sauce
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic Instant pot recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!