This Recipe includes
|Fresh or frozen* chicken filets or thighs
|Cauliflower – fresh or frozen* cauliflower, chopped into florets.
|Grated cheese – cheddar, gruyère, mozzarella, or emmental cheese.
|Heavy cream – plain heavy cream or crème fraiche
Spices, herbs and ingredients for flavor:
|Garlic – crushed garlic powder or flakes
|Parley – fresh or dried parsley
|Onion powder – onion powder for seasoning
|Nutmeg – pinch of freshly grated nutmeg for flavor
- If using frozen chicken, be sure to use frozen cauliflower and vice versa. This way both the chicken and cauliflower will cook at the same rate.
- Add the cream at the 1/2 way point of the cooking process so that it does not burn.
Why we love it
If you are short on time and looking to cook your veggies and meats all in one dish, you will love this chicken and cauliflower bake. It is the simplicity of the dish that makes it such a popular family favorite.
The chicken, whether it’s boneless breast or succulent thighs, becomes juicy and flavorful as it bakes alongside the cauliflower, creating a perfect pairing. They both cook at the same temperature and rate, so can be quickly tossed into the oven together, along with a handful of spices.
Once the chicken and cauliflower is nearly fully cooked, I like to top it off with cream and cheese to complete the cooking process and meld in together with the juices of the chicken. The resulting flavors are amaz-ing!
So whether you’re seeking a comforting weeknight meal or a crowd-pleasing dinner option, this chicken and cauliflower bake is sure to leave you wanting more.
What to serve with it?
This delicious chicken and cauliflower bake can be served by itself, but you can also serve it with a dish like this spinach caesar salad.
You can also serve it with plain rice (I have my rice cooker going at the same time), pasta, naan or pita bread.
How to store it?
You can easily prepare this chicken and cauliflower casserole in advance, and even keep it overnight in the fridge. Keep it in airtight glass containers in the fridge, and take it the next day for a packed lunch.
I wouldn’t recommend freezing it however, as the cream may not do well in the freezer.
Chicken and cauliflower bake
- 3-4 pieces of fresh chicken *
- 2 cups of chopped fresh cauliflower florets *
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese eg. cheddar, gruyere, emmental, etc.
- 2 cups of heavy cream or crème fraiche
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- In a large casserole dish, add the cauliflower and chicken and add the all the spices on top. (Do not add the cream or the cheese.)
- Lightly mix so that the spices cover the cauliflower florets and chicken.
- Place the casserole in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the chicken looks cooked. (Cut into the chicken to make sure, if necessary.)
- Take the tray carefully out of the oven, and add in the cream and cheese on top.
- Place the casserole dish back in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until the cheese looks melted.
- Serve while warm.
Please note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual.
You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other chicken recipes
- Creamy chicken in mushroom sauce
- Air fryer garlic chicken drumsticks
- Creamy chicken and brussels sprouts
- Chicken stir-fry rice noodles with broccoli and carrots
- Instant Pot Orange chicken with broccoli
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!