This Recipe includes
|(Optional) Red onion for a bit of heat|
|Cherry tomatoes for that tart and slightly sweet taste|
|Greens: I’m using green peas in this salad for a change, but you can also use baby spinach, mâche, arugula, or lettuce.|
Spices, herbs and ingredients for flavor:
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
When it comes to being eye-catching, it is hard to beat this corn avocado tomato salad. The combination of vibrant greens, reds and yellow is going to instantly catch your attention and make your mouth water.
And it helps that the salad is also quite healthy and delicious. Avocado is known for its healthy fats, while corn and tomatoes are packed with vitamins and antioxidants.
In addition, the sweetness of the corn complements the creamy texture and nutty flavor of the avocado, while the juicy tomatoes add a burst of freshness.
But it is the zesty lemon vinaigrette that ties all the ingredients together. The result is a wonderful blend of sweet, tangy, and acidity that hits all the right notes.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can easily prepare this corn avocado tomato salad in advance and leave it in the fridge.
Just be sure to cover the avocado with lemon and store it in an airtight glass container so it keeps fresh.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 5oz can of corn (140g)
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of uncooked green peas
- (Optiona) 1/2 red onion
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, add the green peas along with water and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the peas from the heat and drain.
- Place the peas in a large bowl.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes and optional onion into small quarters.
- Drain the water from the canned corn.
- Peel the avocado and remove the seed. Chop the avocado into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, lightly mash the avocado and combine with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and spices. (Does not need to be fully mashed.)
- Combine peas with the canned corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and salad dressing, along with optional red onion.
- Toss the salad and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 9gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other salad recipes
- Bacon and egg potato salad with Greek dressing
- Avocado lentil salad with mozzarella
- Chicken and chickpea salad
- Bacon and blue cheese salad
- Potato egg salad with greek yogurt dressing
- Gizzard salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!