This Recipe includes
|Brussels sprouts – fresh or frozen brussels sprouts. (Frozen brussels sprouts tend to have a slightly milder flavor than the fresh ones, if that is what you prefer).|
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Paprika – smoked paprika for a bit of heat.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
For a quick and healthy side dish that you don’t have to watch over, there is nothing quite as easy as rubbing some garlic and spices on some brussels sprouts and popping them in the air fryer.
Inexpensive and easily available, we don’t always think of brussels sprouts to add to dishes, the way we do green beans and peas, for example. And that is because brussels sprouts tend to have a bad reputation because they can taste bitter if not cooked properly.
However, they can also be delicious in the right form. Use frozen brussels sprouts if you fear that you (or your little ones) may not like the taste of fresh ones.
With some spices and a bit of oil, these crispy, garlicky brussels sprouts come out of the air fryer with a wonderfully crispy exterior, while retaining that tender and flavoursome interior.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can prepare air fryer garlic brussels sprouts in advance, and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes to make them crispy again.
- 2 cups of brussels sprouts (fresh or frozen)*
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (avocado or sunflower oil)
- 1/2 tablespoon of paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- If using fresh brussels sprouts, trim off the ends and remove any brown outer leaves.
- Put the brussels sprouts into a large bowl along with the vegetable oil.
- Toss around so that the oil lightly covers the brussels sprouts.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix so that the spices cover the brussels sprouts.
- Place the brussels sprouts in the air fryer basket and cook for 5-6 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally.
- Check if the brussels sprouts are at desired texture, if not cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Serve while warm.
- If the brussels sprouts are frozen, you don't need to let them thaw, just let them cook in the air fryer for a few minutes more.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 68Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!