Ham and egg stir-fry noodles with vegetables
Get the recipe for egg stir-fry noodles with ham and leeks that makes a wonderful weeknight meal that you can put together in 30 minutes or less.
This Recipe includes
|Ham – any type of smoked ham|
|Eggs – medium or large size eggs|
|Leeks – whites and greens, split lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch lengths.|
|Spinach – fresh or baby spinach|
|Asian-style noodles – any type of egg noodles or rice noodles. I’m using egg noodles.|
|Vegetable oil – any type of vegetable oil to cook the ham and the vegetables.|
|(Optional) Cayenne pepper – for a bit of spice|
|Sesame seeds – plain or toasted sesame seeds|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Soy sauce – regular or low sodium soy sauce that is salty, not sweet.|
|Ginger – ground ginger powder for flavor|
|Brown sugar – for a touch of sweet to counteract the soy sauce|
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes|
|Rice vinegar – for a touch of sour|
|Beef stock – any type of beef stock or beef broth.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- Don’t use the dark green parts of the leek that are too hard and stiff.
- Be sure to add the eggs towards the end after the noodles have finished cooking, otherwise they will disappear into the sauce.
Why we love it
On those days when you don’t know what to cook, it is amazing how far a pack of noodles, and some eggs and ham will take you.
In less than 30 minutes, they are cooked in a seasoned broth that is so easy to make, it is no wonder that stir-frys are so popular in Asian cuisine.
Now I typically use spring onions in a stir fry, but that can make it a little too tangy if you add too much.
Since the eggs are milder, I like to use leeks instead in this recipe for that sweet onion flavor that is more mild. I’ve also added a dose of spinach to get more veggies in the dish.
What to serve with it?
This delicious ham and egg stir-fry noodles dish can be served by itself, or with an appetizer like these fresh chicken spring rolls or these prosciutto wrapped asparagus.
How to store it?
You can easily prepare this recipe of ham and egg stir-fry noodles at least a few hours in advance, and leave it in the fridge in a glass container. When ready to eat, warm it back up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Ham and egg stir fry noodles
Cook eggs and ham in a stir fry with noodles, a delicious meal that everyone will love.
- 1lb (500g) of egg noodles or rice noodles
- 3-4 strips of smoked ham
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of chopped leeks (about 2-3 leeks)
- 2 cups of chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- (Optional) pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce (low-sodium)
- 1 cup of beef stock
- In a large pot, cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- Once the noodles have been cooked, drain the water.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients to make the sauce.
- Cut the leeks lengthwise and then chop into approximately 1/2 inch pieces.
- Wash the pieces of the leeks and spinach and clean off any dirt.
- In a large wok or saucepan, cook the leeks and spinach in the wok with the vegetable oil at medium heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Chop the ham into small pieces.
- Add the noodles into the wok and mix throughly with the sauce.
- Add the pieces of ham into the wok.
- Crack open the eggs into the wok, folding them into the noodles gently.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and optional cayenne pepper.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 204mgSodium: 1448mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 19g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other ham and egg recipes
- Ham and egg pizza
- Ham, egg, and cheese breakfast casserole
- Ham and Spinach Egg Muffins with cheese
- Ham, egg, potato and cheese scramble
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!