This Recipe includes
|Potatoes – you can use any type of potatoes such as yukon gold potatoes or russet potatoes|
|Grated cheese – cheddar, gruyère, mozzarella, or emmental cheese.|
|Eggs – for plenty of protein|
|Ham – any type of smoked ham or jambon cru will do. You can also use bacon if you wish.|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Butter – to cook the potatoes and keep them from sticking to the pan|
|Garlic powder – garlic cloves for flavor, but you can also use garlic powder or flakes if you are in a hurry|
|Parsley – for decoration|
|Olive oil – to cook the garlic cloves|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
If you are tired of sweet cereals or sugar-laden pastries in the morning, you are going to love this easy savory breakfast recipe. And this simple ham, egg, potato and cheese scramble is so delicious, you just might be tempted to have it for dinner as well.
Eggs and potatoes are always delicious and filling. Add in a few spices, and some additional ham and cheese, and you have a one-dish meal that no one is going to complain about.
Now the biggest hurdle in preparing this dish is to make sure that the potatoes are properly cooked. You can prepare them night before and leave the in the fridge, or boil them quickly beforehand.
You can also cook them directly in the skillet on the stove top, but personally this is my least favorite method. I find it rather annoying to try to make sure that they don’t burn while watching over a stove for 30 minutes or so, so I prefer to boil them before hand. I also sometimes boil them in my Instant pot, so that I can leave it while doing other things.
What to serve with it?
If you are having this ham, egg, potato and cheese scramble for breakfast, it can be as simple as serving it with a glass of orange juice and yogurt for a quick and healthy breakfast. You can also serve it with a side salad for lunch if you wish.
How to store it?
Let the ham, egg, potato and cheese scramble cool before you place them in an airtight container designed for the freezer, and it should last for about a month or so.
When ready to eat, thaw the breakfast in a refrigerator overnight and bake at 350ºF (175°C) for about 20 minutes until warm. (You can also use a microwave.)
- 4-5 medium sized potatoes
- 1 cup of grated cheese (gruyere, parmesan, cheddar, emmental, etc.)
- 1 cup of chopped ham
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- handful of minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Wash the potatoes and peel them if you wish.
- Boil the potatoes in water over the stove for around 10 minutes and drain the water.
- Let the potatoes cool a bit, and chop them into small quarters.
- Crush the garlic and chop any optional ingredients.
- In a large skillet or wok, sauté the garlic in oil for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes to skillet, along with the butter.
- Add the chopped ham, parsley, salt, pepper into the wok and cook the potatoes for 10-15 minutes till they turn golden brown.
- In a small bowl, crack open the raw eggs and mix in with the cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir the potatoes around and add in the egg and cheese mixture to cover the potatoes. Cook at low heat for around 5-7 minutes until the eggs look as cooked as you like.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 553Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 287mgSodium: 730mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 26g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious breakfast recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!