Ham and arugula pizza
Enjoy this delicious ham and egg pizza that can be served for a light lunch or dinner. With recipe tips, accompaniments, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Pizza crust base|
|Fresh arugula – you can also use baby spinach or mâche|
|Grated cheese like gruyère or emmental|
Spices, herbs and ingredients for flavor:
|Greek yogurt – regular or low fat greek yogurt. You can also use sour cream if you wish.|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Salt and pepper|
|Lemon juice – freshly squeezed lemon juice for flavor|
Why we love it
If you are looking for a unique take on a traditional pizza, you will love this ham and arugula pizza made in a white sauce.
The saltiness of the ham, the freshness of the arugula, and the creaminess of the white sauce all come together to create delicious dish that everyone will love.
It can be made with various types of ham, such as prosciutto or smoked ham, etc. depending on what you prefer. You can also make it with bacon, in which case I strongly recommend cooking the bacon before hand.
The addition of the arugula also adds a crunch to the pizza, making it a textural delight. You can also use baby spinach to add a bit more veggie power.
The white sauce can quickly be made from scratch and added to a store-bought or homemade pizza crust. This makes it a great option for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner, or a healthy lunch on the go.
- To make a lighter version of this visa, you can use sour cream in place of the heavy cream, or low-fat Greek yogurt.
- In place of smoked ham, you can also use bacon, however I advise rapidly frying it on the stove before adding it to the pizza.
- You can also add the arugula to the pizza after it is completely cooked, depending on how you like it
What to serve with it?
You can serve can this ham and arugula pizza as a light lunch or dinner with a pureed mushroom potato soup or tomato soup.
Salads are also a wonderful choice, such as a greek salad or a salad niçoise if you want something a little more substantial.
How to store it?
You can make this ham and arugula pizza a few hours in advance and just put back in the oven or in the microwave before serving.
However, I would not recommend freezing it. Depending on the dough you use, the dough may get soggy and not taste good if it is not specifically meant to be frozen.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Ham and arugula pizza
A easy recipe for a delicious ham and arugula pizza in a white sauce.
- 1 pizza crust base
- 2 slices of smoked ham
- 100g (handful) of fresh arugula
- 50g of grated cheese like gruyère or emmental
For the sauce
- 25cl (1 cup) of greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- Spread the pizza crust dough in a baking pan and lightly fold the corners to avoid sauce overflow.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes until the dough rises halfway.
- Tear the smoked ham into pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients for the sauce and blend well
- Take the pizza crust out of the oven carefully.
- Spread some of the cream mixture onto the pizza base.
- Add the smoked ham and arugula.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top liberally.
- Place the ham and arugula pizza back in the oven for 10 minutes, until the base crust looks golden brown.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1140Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 2080mgCarbohydrates: 131gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 55g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other popular pizzas
- Ham and egg pizza
- Vegetarian flammkuchen
- White pizza with zucchini
- Puff pastry pizza with mushroom and goat cheese
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!