This Recipe includes
|Cauliflower – fresh cauliflower, chopped into florets.|
|Grated cheese – cheddar, gruyère, mozzarella, or emmental cheese.|
|Sausages – any type of beef, pork, lamb, chicken or turkey sausages.|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Ginger – ground ginger spice for flavor|
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes|
|Parsley – for flavor and decoration|
|Onion powder – onion powder for seasoning|
|Coriander – dried or fresh coriander leaves|
|Basil – dried or fresh basil leaves|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- You can use any type of sausages in this recipe including beef, pork, lamb, chicken or turkey sausages. I do recommend thicker sausages that are more flavorful such as Italian sausages, pork bratwurst, saucisse de toulouse, chipotle sausages, etc.
- If using frozen cauliflower, let them defrost for 30 minutes in advance.
Why we love it
If you are ever short of inspiration and time, this is a classic dinner recipe that combines a couple of favorites: sausage and cauliflower.
With plenty of protein, veggies, and cheese, it is delicious and easy to make and is bound to please the pickiest of eaters.
Just chop up all the ingredients, add a few spices, and stick it in the oven. The key is to add the cheese towards the end, so that the sausages can properly cook, and the cheese doesn’t get burnt.
It is quite a hearty meal, perfect for those dark winter nights when you are looking for something warm and filling. You can add a couple of varieties of cheese instead of just one, to add even more depth of flavor in the casserole.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can easily prepare this sausage and cauliflower dish in advance, and even keep it overnight in the fridge. You can keep it in airtight glass containers in the fridge, and take it the next day for a packed lunch.
I wouldn’t recommend freezing it however, as the cheese may not do well in the freezer.
- 4 large sausages
- 3 cups of chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar, gruyere, emmental, etc.)
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the sausages into 1 inch (2cm) slices and chop the cauliflower into small florets.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- In a large casserole dish, add the cauliflower and sausages, and add the all the spices on top. (Do not add the cheese.)
- Lightly mix so that the spices cover the cauliflower florets and sausages.
- Place the casserole in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- Take the tray carefully out of the oven, and add in the cheese on top.
- Place the casserole dish back in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until the cheese looks melted.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 781mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other recipes with sausages
- Instant Pot Creamy Sausage and Pasta
- Spinach, egg, sausages and cheese frittata
- Sausage and egg lentil salad with mozzarella
- Sausage, spinach, egg, and cheese scramble
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!