This Recipe includes
|Medium-crust pizza dough – any type of short-crust pizza dough.
|Sun-dried tomatoes – sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil.
|Spinach – fresh spinach or baby spinach.
|Shredded cheese – a second hard cheese such as emmental, gruyere, cheddar, etc. for a doubly cheesy flavor.
|Basil pesto sauce – homemade pesto sauce, or store-bought.
Accents for the sauce:
|Tomato sauce – any type of tomato sauce or coulis. You can also use this marinara sauce recipe.
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes
|Dried basil – dried basil leaves, or fresh basil if you prefer.
|Oregano – dried oregano herb.
|Salt and pepper
Why we love it
If you are looking for a healthy and delicious dish, you can’t go wrong with this sun-dried tomato pizza. Tart and refreshing, sun-dried tomatoes are combined with just a touch of basil green pesto sauce to bring all the flavors of this pizza to life.
With a simple tomato sauce, spinach, and cheese to compliment, this nutritious pizza is one that the whole family is bound to love.
What to serve with it?
This sun-dried tomato pizza can be served with a blended vegetable soup such as this pureed mushroom potato soup.
How to store it?
You can make this sun-dried tomato pizza a few hours in advance and just put back in the oven or in the microwave before serving.
However, I would not recommend freezing it. Depending on the dough you use, the dough may get soggy and not taste good if it is not specifically meant to be frozen.
Sun-dried tomato and pesto pizza
- 1 pizza crust base
- 5-8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of fresh baby spinach
- 50 g of shredded cheese eg. mozzarella, gruyère, emmental
- 3 teaspoons of pesto sauce
For the tomato pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup of tomato sauce or coulis
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Spread the pizza crust dough in a baking pan and lightly fold the corners to avoid sauce overflow.
- In a mixing bowl, mix in the tomato sauce with the spices and herbs and blend well.
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces .
- Spread some of the tomato sauce mixture onto the pizza base.
- Spread spinach across the pizza, along with the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Lightly drizzle the pesto sauce across the pizza (sparingly).
- Place the pizza in the oven for 15 minutes until the dough rises halfway.
- Remove from the oven, and add the shredded cheese.
- Place the pizza back in the oven for 10 minutes or until it looks cooked.
- Serve while warm.
Please note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual.
You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other sun-dried tomatoes recipes
- Creamy Sun-dried tomato chicken stew
- Pesto rosso
- Burrata pasta with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Sun-dried tomato pesto gnocchi
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!