This Recipe includes
|Medium-crust pizza dough – any type of short-crust pizza dough.|
|Surimi – surimi crab or fish rolls|
|Spinach – fresh spinach or baby spinach.|
|Shredded cheese – a second hard cheese such as emmental, gruyere, cheddar, etc. for a doubly cheesy flavor.|
Accents for the sauce:
|Sour cream – any type of unflavored sour cream. You can also use greek yogurt as an alternative.|
|Tomato sauce – any type of tomato sauce or coulis. You can also use this marinara sauce recipe.|
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes|
|Dried basil – dried basil leaves, or fresh basil if you prefer.|
|Parsley – fresh or dried parsley|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Surimi might seem like an odd choice to put on a pizza, but it is a choice that goes oh so right! Sitting on a bed of light creamy pink sauce and spinach as an accent, this seafood pizza is light and nutritious.
Surimi is a processed and refined type of minced fish, often made from crab meat or lobster. It usually comes in little batons or rolls and can be easily chopped up to add to a pizza.
I’ve added baby spinach the pizza to add some healthy vegetables, you can also add mache or arugula leaves to have that “green” effect.
What to serve with it?
You can also serve can this surimi pizza as a healthy lunch or dinner with a pureed vegetable soup such as homemade carrot soup.
How to store it?
You can prepare this surimi pizza a few hours ahead of time, and reheat it in the oven or microwave before serving.
However, I would not recommend freezing it. If the dough isn’t made to be frozen, it could become soggy and lose its flavor depending on the dough used.
- 1 pizza crust base
- 25 g surimi 3-4 long surimi crab sticks
- 1/2 cup of fresh baby spinach
- 50 g of shredded cheese mozzarella, gruyère, emmental
For the pink pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of tomato sauce or coulis
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of dried basil
- pinch of dried parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- Spread the pizza crust dough in a baking pan and lightly fold the corners to avoid sauce overflow.
- In a mixing bowl, mix in all the ingredients for the pink sauce.
- Chop the surimi crab into small pieces.
- Spread the pink sauce onto the pizza base.
- Add a few leaves of the spinach across the pizza, and top with pieces of the surimi.
- Place the pizza in the oven for 15 minutes until the dough rises halfway.
- Remove from the oven, and add the shredded cheese.
- Place the pizza back in the oven for 10 minutes or until it looks cooked.
- Serve while warm.
Other seafood recipes
- Baked salmon with hollandaise sauce
- Seafood vermicelli noodle bowl
- Fresh seafood spring rolls
- Instant pot lemon garlic scallops pasta
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!