This Recipe includes
|Scallops – fresh or frozen scallops, drained and patted dry|
|Pasta – you can use any type of pasta. I have used farfelle wholewheat pasta.|
|1/2 cup of shredded gruyère or emmental cheese|
|Heavy cream – any type of crème fraiche or heavy cream|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Lemon – juice of 1 lemon (approximately 2-3 tablespoons)|
|Shallot – shallot flakes or 1/4 of a freshly chopped shallot.|
|Butter – for flavor|
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes|
|Paprika – for a bit of heat|
|Parsley – a couple of sprigs of fresh parsley for decoration|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- Pasta cooks quickly in the Instant pot, so be sure to quick release the pressure as soon as the Instant pot finishes cooking.
- If you are using wholewheat pasta, I recommend frozen scallops otherwise one or the other will be over cooked. If you are using regular pasta, then use fresh scallops and cook in Instant pot on High pressure for 2 minutes instead of 3.
Why we love it
On those days when you want something different, lemon garlic scallops work wonders. It is one of those dishes that looks fancy and yet is quick and easy to prepare.
And when you add it in along with some pasta into the Instant pot, you have a satisfying one-dish meal that makes for a very easy cleanup.
Ready in less than 30 minutes, this lemon garlic scallop pasta is the perfect dish for busy weeknights. The only thing to watch out for is not to overcook them.
Scallops can be rather delicate, so I usually use frozen versions of them. Plus it is usually more practical, rather than sitting around chopping and cleaning the fresh versions!
In addition, if you are using frozen scallops, the type of pasta chosen should cook at least 3 minutes in the Instant pot. For a healthier option (and to avoid overcooking pasta), I like to use wholewheat pasta so that it remains al dente.
The general rule for this recipe is if you are using regular pasta then use fresh scallops in the Instant pot at High pressure for 2 minutes. If you are using wholewheat pasta, than use High pressure for 3 minutes.
In both cases, the pasta will be slightly undercooked when you open the Instant pot, but we will be cooking it additionally for a few minutes when the heavy cream is added. You can read more about how to avoid overcooking pasta in the Instant pot here.
What to serve with it?
Lemon garlic scallops pasta can be a meal in itself, but you can serve it with a light mixed green salad or baguette. You can also serve it with a starter like baked cheese puffs or salmon spinach quiche.
How to store it?
Lemon garlic scallops pasta can easily be frozen in an airtight container and put in the freezer. Just let the pasta cool first, before freezing.
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Scallops Pasta
- 1 lb frozen scallops
- 1 lb 500g of farfelle wholewheat pasta
- 2 teaspoons of garlic flakes
- 1 teaspoon of shallot flakes
- 1/2 spoon of paprika
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of crème fraiche heavy cream
- pinch of kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup of shredded gruyère or emmental cheese
- Place the pasta at the bottom of the instant pot.
- Add 4 cups water or until the pasta is completely covered.
- Place the scallops into the pot.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon and put the juice in the Instant pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the cheese and cream) to the Instant pot.
- Set Instant pot on Manual High for 2 minutes.
- Once the Instant pot has finished, quick release the steam.
- Stir the pasta and add in the heavy cream while using the Sauté button for 5 minutes.
- Let pasta rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with a handful of shredded cheese.
- Serve while warm.
Other seafood recipes:
- Baked scallops with parsley and garlic
- Sautéed Squid with lemon and garlic
- Seafood vermicelli noodle bowl
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious Instant pot recipes that are quick and easy. Bon appétit!