Salmon spinach quiche
Get the recipe for a salmon spinach quiche that is quite easy to make and comes out well every time. With tips, accompaniment suggestions, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Deep pie crust – use a deep pie or pizza crust for a quiche, as a thin crust may get too soggy with the egg mixture.|
|Fresh spinach – fresh baby spinach is best, but you can use regular spinach as well.|
|Heavy cream – any type of heavy cream or crême fraiche.|
|Eggs – to hold the quiche together.|
|Cheese – use shredded cheese such as gruyère, cheddar, goat cheese, etc.|
|Garlic powder or flakes to add flavor.|
|Salt and pepper|
- Fresh salmon will not cook inside the quiche, so use smoked salmon rather than fresh filets of fish.
- Do not use frozen spinach, as it will become too soggy.
- I’ve added heavy cream to add some airiness and flavor. If you wish, you can also substitute with low-fat yogurt for a lighter version.
Why we love it
As a quick and adaptable recipe, salmon quiche is perfectly suited to busy cooks on the go. This classic French dish is chock-full of protein and is a delicious way to get your vegetables in.
In French, quiche simply means “tart” and there are countless variations of this recipe.
In general, quiche recipes are easy to make and can be served as a main course or as a light lunch dish. Quiche Lorraine, for example, is a bacon, mushroom and cheese variation, while the quiche au saumon features smoked salmon instead.
It also makes for a a fantastic breakfast recipe and a great way to get more protein into your daily diet. It’s light and easy on the stomach, making it perfect for busy mornings.
For those mornings when you want to serve something different for breakfast and something savory, the quiche can be made in advance and just heated up in the microwave quickly in the morning.
What to serve with it?
If you are serving it for lunch or dinner, you can serve salmon spinach quiche with a salad of mache, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and balsamic vinaigrette.
A vegetable soup, such as leek soup, carrot soup, or tomato soup also goes well with the quiche. Add a baguette and some hollandaise sauce for an additional French touch.
If you are serving it for breakfast, a glass of orange juice, or tea or coffee is all you need to get your day off to a great start.
How to store it?
After the salmon spinach quiche is baked, wait for it to cool to room temperature before putting it in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can also freeze the quiche mixture and use an already frozen crust before filling, so that it won’t absorb as much moisture.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Salmon Spinach Quiche
An easy French quiche recipe with smoked salmon and spinach that the whole family will love.
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- 300 g (10 oz ) of spinach
- 250 g (9 oz) of smoked salmon
- 5 eggs
- 35cl (1.5 cups) of crème fraïche (heavy cream)
- 1.5 cups of shredded cheese (either goat cheese, gruyère or cheddar)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground garlic
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180C (375F).
- Place the pie crust on a baking pan and pierce lightly all over with a fork (around 2 inches apart).
- Beat the eggs and heavy cream in a large bowl.
- Cut the smoked salmon into small thin cubes.
- Add the spinach, salmon, cheese, salt, and pepper into the bowl.
- Spread the mixture across the pie crust.
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes or until the top crust is browned.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4936Total Fat: 152gSaturated Fat: 36gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 98gCholesterol: 753mgSodium: 58147mgCarbohydrates: 267gFiber: 163gSugar: 29gProtein: 696g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other seafood recipes
- Fresh spring rolls with seafood
- Salmon spinach quiche
- Creamy scallops gratin (starter)
- Smoked Salmon taquitos with creamy sauce
If you enjoyed that, check out my other classic recipes that are quick and easy to prepare. Bon appétit!