This Recipe includes
|Smoked salmon – smoked salmon, tuna or trout all work well.|
|Greens – I’ve used fresh baby spinach, but you can also use fresh spinach, kale, lettuce, mâche, etc.|
|Tortilla wraps – medium-sized flour or whole wheat tortilla wraps|
Spices, herbs and ingredients for flavor:
|Greek yogurt – any type of plain greek yogurt sour cream, including full or low fat. You can also use sour cream, if you wish.|
|Basil – dried or fresh basil|
|Onion powder or flakes|
|Parsley – fresh parsley leaves for flavor and scent|
|Lemon juice – freshly squeezed lemon juice for flavor|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
If you are looking for a quick win, you can’t go wrong with these smoked salmon taquitos. Tucked into a creamy white sauce, they are light and refreshing, while still being quite filling. Perfect for breakfast or a light snack.
And that is not to say that you can’t enjoy them for a take-away lunch or even dinner! It is simply one of those dishes that no one can say no to.
The smoky, rich notes of the salmon perfectly complement the crispness of the tortilla. And the creamy garlic greek yogurt sauce adds a freshness and smoothness that brings it all together.
Now, you can prepare these in the oven or in the air fryer, if you have one handy. The air fryer cooks it faster, so I’ve included temperature instructions for it as well so that you don’t end up overcooking them. (You can also get my recipe for bacon and egg taquitos here.)
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can easily prepare these salmon taquitos a few hours in advance, and leave it in the fridge.
When ready to eat, you can eat it as is or warm it back up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- 4 medium tortillas
- 6-8 pieces of smoked salmon
- 1 cup of baby spinach or mache greens
For the sauce
- 1.5 cups of greek yogurt
- 0.5 cups of ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 2 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of juice from freshly squeezed lemon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix together.
- Spread some of the sauce mixture across each tortilla.
- Place some of the greens on the tortilla
- Layer the smoked salmon on one half of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla tightly into a taquito.
- Repeat for the remaining taquitos.
- Preheat the oven at 425°F (220°C).*
- Place the taquitos in an oven-ready dish and place in the oven for 7-8 minutes, or until the taquito shell looks crispy.
- Serve while warm.
* If you wish to cook it in the air fryer, preheat the air fryer and then cook at 360°F (180°C) for around 5 minutes.
* This recipe counts 1 salmon taquito per person, but you can adjust quantities as you wish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 3653mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 49g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other seafood recipes
- Baked Salmon with Hollandaise sauce
- Oven-baked lemon butter tilapia
- Instant Pot Lemon garlic scallops pasta
- Creamy scallops gratin (starter)
- Smoked salmon quesadilla in sour cream sauce
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!