Oven-baked lemon butter tilapia
Get the easy recipe for oven baked tilapia in lemon butter sauce that makes a wonderful lunch or dinner. With accompaniments, tips, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Tilapia – you can use any type of white fish, but I’m using tilapia for its mild flavor and delicate texture.|
|Olive oil – extra virgin olive oil for flavor.|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Onion powder – for a bit more flavor in the spice rub.|
|Butter – unsalted or semi-salted butter|
|Lemon – for the lemon juice|
|Parsley – fresh parsley for decoration and flavor|
|(Optional) Breadcrumbs – any type of breadcrumbs, such as panko, fresh toasted, etc.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Baked tilapia is a great dish to make when you want the flavors of a fish fillet but don’t have a lot of time. This baked tilapia recipe is easy to prepare and simple to cook.
The lemon butter sauce adds another layer of flavor to this dish. It is a classic combination, with the citrusy and salty flavors of the sauce offset by the mild fish. (Another alternative is a 10-minute hollandaise sauce.)
What to serve with it?
You can serve this lemon butter tilapia with a starter like these smoked salmon canapés, fresh seafood spring rolls or these creamy scallops gratin.
As a side, you can serve it with these saucy quenelles or this potato mushroom casserole.
How to store it?
You can prepare this oven-baked lemon butter tilapia in advance, and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back on the stove top at medium heat for 5-7 minutes to make them crispy again.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Baked lemon butter tilapia
An easy recipe to make delicious lemon butter flavored tilapia in the oven fast.
- 5-8 pieces of fresh tilapia fish
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of breadcrumbs
- 2-3 sprigs of parsley
Lemon butter sauce
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Lay the tilapia out on a paper towel and pat them dry.
- In a small microwavable bowl, place the butter heat for 1 minute in the microwave to soften.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the lemon butter sauce in with the melted butter and mix to make the sauce.
- Preheat your oven to 360°C (180°C).
- Place the tilapia in a large deep casserole dish, and coat it with the lemon butter sauce.
- Sprinkle some pieces of parsley and optional breadcrumbs across the tilapia.
- Cook the tilapia for 20-25 minutes in the oven till the fish looks golden brown.
- Decorate with a slice of lemon and serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 12g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other seafood recipes
- Fresh spring rolls with seafood
- Tuna wheat berry salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- Creamy scallops gratin (starter)
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!