This Recipe includes
|Tilapia – you can use any type of white fish, but I’m using tilapia for its mild flavor and delicate texture.|
|Olive oil – extra virgin olive oil for flavor.|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Onion powder – for a bit more flavor in the spice rub.|
|Butter – unsalted or semi-salted butter|
|Lemon – for the lemon juice|
|Parsley – fresh parsley for decoration and flavor|
|(Optional) Breadcrumbs – any type of breadcrumbs, such as panko, fresh toasted, etc.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Baked tilapia is a great dish to make when you want the flavors of a fish fillet but don’t have a lot of time. This baked tilapia recipe is easy to prepare and simple to cook.
The lemon butter sauce adds another layer of flavor to this dish. It is a classic combination, with the citrusy and salty flavors of the sauce offset by the mild fish. (Another alternative is a 10-minute hollandaise sauce.)
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can prepare this oven-baked lemon butter tilapia in advance, and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back on the stove top at medium heat for 5-7 minutes to make them crispy again.
Baked lemon butter tilapia
- 5-8 pieces of fresh tilapia fish
- Optional 1 teaspoon of breadcrumbs
- 2-3 sprigs of parsley
Lemon butter sauce
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Lay the tilapia out on a paper towel and pat them dry.
- In a small microwavable bowl, place the butter heat for 1 minute in the microwave to soften.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the lemon butter sauce in with the melted butter and mix to make the sauce.
- Preheat your oven to 360°C (180°C).
- Place the tilapia in a large deep casserole dish, and coat it with the lemon butter sauce.
- Sprinkle some pieces of parsley and optional breadcrumbs across the tilapia.
- Cook the tilapia for 20-25 minutes in the oven till the fish looks golden brown.
- Decorate with a slice of lemon and serve while warm.
Other seafood recipes
- Fresh spring rolls with seafood
- Tuna wheat berry salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- Creamy scallops gratin (starter)
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!