This Recipe includes
|Smoked salmon – smoked salmon, tuna or trout all work well.|
|Spinach – I’ve used fresh baby spinach, but you can also use fresh spinach, kale, lettuce, mâche, etc.|
|Shredded cheese – any type of shredded hard cheese like cheddar, gruyère, emmental, etc.|
|Tortilla wraps – large flour or whole wheat tortilla wraps|
Accents for the sauce:
|Sour cream – any type of plain sour cream, including full or low fat. You can also use greek yogurt, if you wish.|
|Basil – dried or fresh basil|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Parsley – fresh parsley leaves for flavor and scent|
|Paprika – for a hint of spice|
|Lemon juice – freshly squeezed lemon juice for flavor|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
If you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious meal that’s easy to make, this smoked salmon quesadilla recipe is perfect.
While fish may not be a typical ingredient in a quesadilla, smoked salmon is one of those ingredients that is so incredibly adaptable, you will ask yourself why you didn’t think of it earlier!?
It is set on a light and creamy white sauce, with added spinach and cheese to make the dish even heartier. This quesadilla a fast and simple dish that’s packed with flavor and is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
What to serve with it?
This delicious smoked salmon quesadilla wrap can be served by itself, or with a side like air fryer sweet potato wedges or apple and feta salad with red onion. You can also serve it with this delicious creamy guacamole and tomato salsa.
How to store it?
You can prepare this smoked salmon quesadilla a few hours in advance, and leave it in the fridge.
Just leave it in a glass container and when ready to eat, you can eat it as is or warm it back up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. I wouldn’t recommend freezing it though, it will get quite soggy.
Smoked salmon quesadilla
- 4 large tortillas
- 6-8 pieces of smoked salmon
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1 cup of shredded cheese cheddar, gruyère, emmental, etc.
For the sauce
- 1.5 cups of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of juice from freshly squeezed lemon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix together.
- Spread some of the sour cream mixture across each tortilla.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese across the sour cream and the tortilla.
- Place some of the baby spinach on the tortilla
- Layer the smoked salmon on one half of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half
- On a stove top on low-medium heat, place the tortilla in a large pan for about 5-7 minutes, flipping every so often.
- Once tortilla looks sufficiently cooked, put it in a place and cut into 4 pieces.
- Repeat for the remaining quesadillas.
- Serve while warm.
Other seafood recipes
- Fresh spring rolls with seafood
- Salmon spinach quiche
- Creamy scallops gratin (starter)
- Smoked Salmon taquitos with creamy sauce
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!