This Recipe includes
|Meatballs – any type of meatballs will do, beef, pork, chicken, lamb, or even turkey.|
|Spinach – I’ve used fresh baby spinach, but you can also use fresh spinach, kale, lettuce, mâche, etc.|
|Shredded cheese – any type of shredded hard cheese like cheddar, gruyère, emmental, etc.|
|Can of corn – to mix into the sauce for added texture|
|Tortilla wraps – large flour or whole wheat tortilla wraps|
Accents for the sauce:
|Sour cream – any type of plain sour cream, including full or low fat. You can also use greek yogurt, if you wish|
|Basil – dried or fresh basil|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Parsley – fresh parsley leaves for flavor and scent|
|Paprika – for a hint of spice|
|Lemon juice – freshly squeezed lemon juice for flavor|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
This meatball quesadilla recipe is awesome for dinner and is also great for a quick weeknight meal.
I like to add a bit of canned corn into the sauce to give it that extra oomph and touch of sweetness. It just takes the meatballs to another level.
To prepare the quesadilla, cut the meatballs in quarters and place on half the tortilla.
It may be tempting to overload the quesadilla, but I would advise against it. This is meant to be finger food, so if you add too many meatballs, the quesadilla won’t hold. (You could always turn it into a meatball burrito, I suppose!)
What to serve with it?
This delicious meatball quesadilla can be served by itself, or with a side like air fryer garlic fries or spinach salad with tahini dressing. You can also serve it with a creamy guacamole and tomato salsa.
How to store it?
You can easily prepare this meatball quesadilla a few hours in advance, and leave it in the fridge in a glass container.
When ready to eat, you can eat it as is or warm it back up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. I wouldn’t recommend freezing it though, it will get quite soggy.
- 4 large tortillas
- 16-20 meatballs
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1 cup of shredded cheese cheddar, gruyère, emmental, etc.
For the sauce
- 1.5 cups of sour cream
- 70 g of canned corn approx 1/2 a small can
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of juice from freshly squeezed lemon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook the meatballs in a saucepan on the stove according to package instructions.
- Once cooked, take the meatballs off the stove and chop into small pieces.
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix together.
- Spread some of the sour cream mixture across each tortilla.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese across the sour cream and the tortilla.
- Place some of the baby spinach on the tortilla
- Layer the chopped meatballs on one half of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half
- On a stove top on low-medium heat, place the tortilla in a large pan for about 5-7 minutes, flipping every so often.
- Once tortilla looks sufficiently cooked, put it in a place and cut into 4 pieces.
- Repeat for the remaining quesadillas.
- Serve while warm.
Other meatball recipes
- Instant Pot Beef Meatballs in mushroom sauce
- Meatball burritos with garlic yogurt sauce
- Air fryer meatballs
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!