This Recipe includes
|Deep pie crust – use a deep pie or pizza crust for a quiche, as a thin crust may get too soggy with the egg mixture.|
|Minced beef – fresh or frozen minced beef|
|Spinach – fresh regular spinach or baby spinach.|
|Eggs – to hold the quiche together.|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Greek yogurt – any type of normal or low-fat greek yogurt. You can also use sour cream if you wish.|
|Paprika – for a spice mix|
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes|
|Basil – dried basil, or fresh basil if you have it|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Beef and spinach is always a popular combination, and it is no surprise that it works quite well in a quiche as well. A bit of protein and veggies and you have a healthy dish that can be served on any occasion.
The key is to cook the beef in advance because it will not cook sufficiently in the oven. The egg and the pie crust will cook much faster so it is much simpler to cook the beef on a stovetop first and then put it into the quiche.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can prepare this beef and spinach quiche at least a day in advance. Wait for it to cool to room temperature before putting it in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can also freeze the quiche mixture and use an already frozen crust before filling, so that it won’t absorb as much moisture.
Beef quiche with spinach
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 200 g of minced beef
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 4 tablespoons of greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180C (375F).
- Place the pie crust on a baking pan and pierce lightly all over with a fork (around 2 inches apart).
- Beat the eggs and greek yogurt in a large bowl.
- Cook the minced beef in a frying pan along with the spices, for a few minutes until it is no longer red.
- Add the spinach in with the beef and lightly sauté in the frying pan as well.
- Add the cooked beef and spinach into the egg mixture.
- Spread the mixture across the pie crust.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until the top crust is browned.
- Serve while warm.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!