This Recipe includes
- Chicken – I’m using skinless boneless chicken, but you can use any type of chicken (thighs, etc.) you want.
- Garlic – garlic powder or flakes for the spice rub.
- Paprika – smoked paprika for a bit of heat.
- Basil – dried or fresh basil for flavor.
- Parsley – dried or fresh parsley for decoration.
- Vegetable oil – any type of vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil. (Do not use olive oil as it has a low smoking point and will set off smoke in your air fryer.)
Why we love it
No matter how you prepare chicken, whether it is a rotisserie, fried, baked or grilled, chicken is one of those dishes that is always a big hit. And if you are looking for a healthier cooking method that is a little more hands-off, air fryer chicken is always a winner.
This recipe for air fryer paprika chicken is simple and quick to prepare, yet makes for a delicious centerpiece to any meal.
It is the paprika, a spice made from crushed dried peppers, that lends a spicy and smoky flavor to it, with the air fryer then making sure it is crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
With minimal oil, this dish remains light and healthy, and certainly better than any takeout meal!
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
You can serve this air fryer paprika chicken with a side dish like sautéed garlic parsley potatoes or this potato mushroom casserole. You can also serve it with a salad like this spinach caesar salad for a light lunch.
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, you can prepare this air fryer paprika chicken in advance, and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5-7 minutes to make them crispy again.
If you like this recipe
- 4-6 pieces of boneless chicken
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Lay the chicken out on a paper towel and pat them dry.
- Place all the spices and oil in a bowl and mix together.
- Mix each piece of chicken around in the spice mixture so that the drumsticks are fully coated.
- Let the chicken marinate for 10-20 minutes in the fridge.
- Then preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Spread the chicken into the air fryer basket and set the time to 20 minutes, turning them every 5-10 minutes. (Don't overcrowd the basket, make in batches as necessary).
- Open the air fryer to see if they are crispy enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 58g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!