Instant Pot Coconut chicken curry with peppers
Made in the Instant pot, this simple coconut chicken curry with peppers is a recipe the whole family will love. With accompaniments, tips, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Fresh or frozen chicken|
|Bell peppers – I prefer red bell peppers but you can use green peppers as well.|
|Onion, white onion is preferable.|
|Coconut milk – but you can substitute for heavy cream or yogurt if you wish|
|Tomato coulis or tomato paste for that tangy flavor.|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Garlic powder or crushed garlic cloves|
|Red chilli powder for that lovely red color|
|Dried coriander or fresh coriander (cilantro) for that herb flavor|
|Bouillon stock – Liquid chicken stock or vegetable stock. You can also use a chicken stock cube along with water.|
|Olive oil to sauté the garlic|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- Frozen ingredients are like the chicken or the bell peppers are fine in this recipe as the Instant pot automatically adjusts the time required.
- The traditional coconut curry recipe uses coconut milk, but you can substitute for greek yogurt for a lower fat substitution.
- Be sure to add the coconut milk/yogurt after the Instant pot finishes cooking the chicken, otherwise the coconut curry will curdle.
Why we love it
If you love a good curry and want something quick, this coconut chicken curry is one to love. A delicious and easy recipe, it has so much flavor and nutrients that you can just serve it with a bit of rice and you have a hearty dinner that the whole family will love.
This particular curry is flavored with coconut milk, which makes it extra creamy. But you can also use heavy cream or greek yogurt if you don’t have coconut milk on hand. The curry itself is mild, so feel free to spice it up with extra cayenne pepper or other hot spices.
What to serve with it?
This Coconut chicken curry with red peppers goes really well with white or brown rice, which you can cook in the rice cooker at the same time. You can also serve it with quinoa or bulger for a change.
Another option is to serve it with bread to dip in the sauce like a baguette or naan.
How to store it?
This Instant pot coconut chicken curry with peppers can be frozen and stored for up to a month. Just let it cool before placing in an airtight glass container, before placing in the freezer.
Instant Pot Coconut Chicken curry
An easy coconut chicken curry recipe, with added dose of veggies.
- 3 pounds of chicken (approx. 5 pieces of chicken breast)
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 chopped small white onion
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of tomato coulis or 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried coriander
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil, garlic and onion into the Instant pot and sauté for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the coconut milk), and set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 14 minutes.
- Once the countdown has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the Instant pot and stir in the coconut milk.
- Press the Sauté button again for 5 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Let the coconut chicken curry rest for 10 minutes on the Keep Warm function.
- Taste to add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 783Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 257mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 69g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other Chicken recipes:
- Chicken pie with mushrooms and leeks
- Oven baked BBQ chicken drumsticks
- Air fryer lemon pepper chicken drumsticks
- Chicken and brussels sprouts in the oven
- Air fryer chicken tikka
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make in an Instant pot. Bon appétit!