This Recipe includes
|Fresh or frozen boneless chicken|
|Chopped zucchini (courgette)|
|Onion, white onion is preferable.|
|Heavy cream or crème fraiche.|
|Tomato coulis or tomato paste for that tangy flavor.|
|Crushed garlic cloves or garlic powder|
|Fresh or dried coriander (cilantro)|
|Red chilli powder for that lovely red color|
|Olive oil to sauté the garlic and ginger|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- Frozen zucchini (courgette) usually works better in the instant pot as fresh zucchini will cook too quickly. But you can use fresh zucchini as well, it just will probably melt into the sauce.
- You can substitute the heavy cream for greek yogurt for a lower fat option.
Why we love it
If you are looking for something different, this chicken and zucchini stew is a wonderfully healthy meal, high in proteins. Stews are also a great choice if you want to spend less time in the kitchen since they are easy to make and rich in flavor.
This dish is one of those meals that you can serve the whole family and get rave reviews. And it helps that you can use up all that zucchini that has been sitting in the fridge!
What to serve with it?
Instant pot chicken and zucchini goes well with some plain white rice or baguette. (I usually have my rice cooker going at the same time.) But there are many other possibilities as well such as brown rice, polenta, or even bulgur.
For a starter, consider roasted tomatoes with parsley and garlic, and for dessert, perhaps a light chocolate mousse?
How to store it?
This chicken and zucchini stew one of those recipes that tastes better the next day. You can easily put aside portions of the chicken and zucchini stew in an airtight container and put in the freezer.
Instant Pot Chicken and Zucchini
- 3 pounds of chicken approx. 8 pieces of thigh and leg
- 1 chopped zucchini courgette
- 1 cup of heavy cream or yogurt
- 3/4 cup of tomato coulis or 1/2 cup of tomato paste
- 1 large onion sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil, garlic and ginger into the instant pot and sauté for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the cream/yogurt), and set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 14 minutes.
- Once the countdown has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the Instant pot and stir in the coconut milk.
- Press the Sauté button again for 5 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Let the chicken and zucchini stew rest for 10 minutes on the Keep Warm function.
- Taste to add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve while warm.
Other Chicken recipes:
- Chicken pie with mushrooms and leeks
- Oven baked BBQ chicken drumsticks
- Air fryer lemon pepper chicken drumsticks
- Chicken and brussels sprouts in the oven
- Air fryer chicken tikka
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious Instant pot recipes that are quick and easy to make. Bon appétit!