This Recipe includes
- Sausages – any type of beef, pork, lamb, chicken or turkey sausages. Eg. Italian sausages, pork bratwurst, saucisse de toulouse, chipotle sausages, etc.
- Eggs – regular medium-sized eggs.
- Basmati rice – white basmati rice works well with this recipe, but you can also use brown rice.
- Green onion – chopped green onion (scallion) for flavor.
- Peas – I recommend frozen peas otherwise they will become mushy.
- Carrots – regular chopped carrots, can be fresh or frozen
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
- Soy sauce – regular or low sodium soy sauce that is salty, not sweet.
- Teriyaki sauce – for a tangy flavor
- Sesame oil – to flavor the garlic
- Garlic – crushed garlic or garlic powder if you don’t have any garlic on hand
- Paprika – for a bit of spice
- (Optional) cayenne pepper – for added heat
Why we love it
This Asian-style egg fried rice kicks it up a notch with the addition of sausages and veggies for a fabulous one-pot meal for the ages. Made quickly in the Instant pot, you are going to want to add this to your regular meal rotation.
Just add all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and set the timer. And in 30 minutes or less, dinner should be set.
The key to the recipe is to add the eggs at the end. The heat of the piping hot rice will cook the eggs as you fold it into the dish.
I’ve used frozen spinach, peas, and carrots for my veggies but you could also use other veggies like broccoli or leeks. Feel free to experiment and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
Instant pot sausage rice is a great one pot meal, that you can serve by itself, or along with other sides.
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, sausage fried rice can easily be put aside for the next day. Place it in an airtight container and put in the fridge, and it should last at least a few days.
If you like this recipe
- 4 medium-sized sausages
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups of basmati rice
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of chopped carrots (small quarters)
- 1 chopped green onion (scallions)
- 1 cup of frozen spinach
- 6 cups of water
Spices and flavoring ingredients
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Chop the carrots into small quarters.
- Add the sesame oil to the Instant pot and add crushed garlic.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes till fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the eggs) and close the instant pot.
- Cook on Manual/Pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs together in a bowl.
- After the Instant Pot timer ends, quick release the steam.
- Open the instant pot and add the eggs in and mix.
- Sauté the rice for 2 minutes to let the egg cook completely into the rice.
- Serve while warm.
If you like spicy, add more cayenne pepper or chili peppers to up the heat factor, if you wish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 1367mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 17g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious Instant pot recipes that are quick and easy. Bon appétit!