This Recipe includes
|Sausages – any type of beef, pork, lamb, chicken or turkey sausages.|
|Eggs – regular medium-sized eggs.|
|Rice – white basmati rice or you can also use brown rice.|
|Green onion – chopped green onion (scallion) for flavor.|
|Green peas (recommend frozen)|
|Carrots – regular chopped carrots, can be fresh or frozen|
|(Optional) Frozen spinach – for extra veggies|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Soy sauce – regular or low sodium soy sauce that is salty, not sweet.|
|Teriyaki sauce for a tangy flavor|
|Sesame oil to flavor the garlic|
|Crushed garlic cloves or garlic powder|
|Paprika for a bit of spice|
|(Optional) Cayenne pepper for added heat|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Type of sausages
You can use any type of sausages in this recipe including beef, pork, lamb, chicken or turkey sausages. I do recommend thicker sausages that are more flavorful such as Italian sausages, pork bratwurst, saucisse de toulouse, chipotle sausages, etc.
Why we love it
This Asian-style egg fried rice kicks it up a notch with the addition of sausages and veggies for a fabulous one-pot meal for the ages. Made quickly in the Instant pot, you are going to want to add this to your regular meal rotation.
Just add all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and set the timer. And in 30 minutes or less, dinner should be set.
The key to the recipe is to add the eggs at the end. The heat of the piping hot rice will cook the eggs as you fold it into the dish.
I’ve used frozen spinach, peas, and carrots for my veggies but you could also use other veggies like broccoli or leeks. Feel free to experiment and enjoy!
- Use frozen peas if possible, otherwise they will become very mushy. (But if you don’t mind mushy peas, you still get the benefit of the vegetable.)
- The Instant Pot can cook rice quickly, so it’s important to quick release the Instant pot after the beep sounds so that it doesn’t get mushy.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
This sausage fried rice can easily be prepared in advance and put aside for the next day. Place it in an airtight container and put in the fridge, and it should last at least a few days.
Instant Pot Sausage fried rice
- 4 medium-sized sausages
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups of basmati rice
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of chopped carrots small quarters
- 1 chopped green onion scallions
- Optional 1 cup of frozen spinach
- 6 cups of water
Spices and flavoring ingredients
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Optional 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Chop the carrots into small quarters.
- Add the sesame oil to the Instant pot and add crushed garlic.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes till fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the eggs) and close the instant pot.
- Cook on Manual/Pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs together in a bowl.
- After the Instant Pot timer ends, quick release the steam.
- Open the instant pot and add the eggs in and mix.
- Sauté the rice for 2 minutes to let the egg cook completely into the rice.
- Serve while warm.
Other recipes with sausages
- Instant Pot Creamy Sausage and Pasta
- Spinach, egg, sausages and cheese frittata
- Sausage and egg lentil salad with mozzarella
- One-dish Sausage and cauliflower casserole
- Sausage, spinach, egg, and cheese scramble
- Instant pot sausage risotto with mushrooms
- Instant pot chorizo risotto with peas
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious Instant pot recipes that are quick and easy. Bon appétit!