Avocado rice with fried egg
In 20 minutes or less, enjoy this delicious avocado rice with fried egg. With accompaniments, suggestions, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Avocados – any size and type of ripe avocados that are ready to be eaten|
|Brown rice – I’m using brown basmati rice, but you can use any other brown rice.|
|Eggs – medium-sized eggs|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Soy sauce – low-sodium soy sauce to control the amount of salt|
|Lemon – for lemon juice|
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes|
|Cumin – for a bit of spice|
|Cilantro – a couple of leaves of chopped fresh cilantro or coriander|
|Cayenne pepper – for a bit of heat|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
If you are trying to eat healthy, this avocado rice with a fried egg is a delicious and satisfying meal that is sure to become a favorite.
Avocado and rice is a great way to incorporate healthy fats into your diet. The avocado has a creamy, rich taste that pairs well with a variety of flavors.
When you combine it with brown rice, the avocado adds a creamy texture and a subtle, nutty flavor. And a fried egg on top just adds that “piece de resistance“, a protein-rich ingredient that complements the avocado and rice perfectly.
It is also a dish that is relatively simple and quick to prepare. To make the dish, all you need to do is cook some rice according to the package instructions and mash up some ripe avocados.
Then, mix the cooked rice and mashed avocado together, adding in any additional seasonings or herbs as desired. Finally, fry an egg to your liking and place it on top of the avocado rice.
This dish can be made in under 30 minutes, making it a great option for a weeknight dinner or a quick lunch.
What to serve with it?
Avocado rice with fried egg is a well-rounded meal that you can serve by itself, or along with other sides.
For a starter, consider these fresh chicken spring rolls or this creamy gratin scallops. You can also serve it with a meat dish like this pork loin roast or chicken tikka.
How to store it?
This avocado rice with fried egg can easily be prepared in advance and put aside for the next day. Place it in an airtight container and put in the fridge, and it should last at least a day or so.
But don’t leave it for more than a few hours however, as the avocado may start to turn.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Avocado rice with egg
A delicious avocado rice recipe made with herbs and spices, and served with a fried egg on top.
- 3 cups of brown rice
- 4 medium-sized avocados
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2-3 leaves of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1-2 tablespoons of soy sauce (depending on preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Remove the skin of the avocados and place the skinless fleshy parts into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, soy sauce, and spices to the avocado bowl.
- Use a fork or masher to mash up the avocado until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Chop the cilantro and add to the mixture.
- Once the rice has finished cooking, transfer it to a large bowl and mix it in immediately with the avocado mixture.
- Heat a medium-sized non-stick fry pan at medium temperature.
- Once warm, crack the eggs into fry pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the fried egg is as well done as you wish.
- Plate the avocado rice and top with the fried egg.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 565Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 16gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other avocado recipes
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!