This Recipe includes
|Shrimp – any type of shrimp will do, large or small.|
|Eggs – regular medium-sized eggs.|
|Rice – white basmati rice or you can also use brown rice.|
|Green onion – chopped green onion (scallion) for flavor.|
|Green peas (recommend frozen)|
|Carrots – regular chopped carrots, can be fresh or frozen|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Soy sauce – regular or low sodium soy sauce that is salty, not sweet.|
|Teriyaki sauce for a tangy flavor|
|Sesame oil to flavor the garlic|
|Crushed garlic cloves or garlic powder|
|Paprika for a bit of spice|
|(Optional) Cayenne pepper for added heat|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Type of shrimp
Any type of shrimp will do in this recipe, including frozen decorticated shrimp. The types of shrimp that work well include pink shrimp, white shrimp, tiger shrimp, etc.
Just make sure to clean the shrimp and remove any shells and veins before placing in the Instant pot.
- Use frozen peas if possible, otherwise they will become very mushy. (But if you don’t mind mushy peas, you still get the benefit of the vegetable.)
- The Instant Pot can cook rice quickly, so it’s important to quick release the Instant pot after the beep sounds so that it doesn’t get mushy.
Why we love it
There’s no denying the deliciousness of shrimp fried rice. The combination of savory and rich flavors always makes this a standout restaurant favorite. But with the Instant pot, we can make a healthier version at home, while keeping all the flavor.
Instead of frying the eggs and the rice, the heat of the instant pot cooks all the ingredients quickly in this one pot meal, that also makes for easy clean up.
So if you’re looking for a dinner idea that’s easy, versatile and fast to make, then look no further than this delicious classic. You can add it to your list of regular weeknight meals, along with this sausage fried rice version.
What to serve with it?
Instant pot shrimp rice is a great one pot meal, so you don’t have to serve a side if you are short on time. You can just increase the proportion of vegetables that you include into the dish. You can also serve it with some green beans or a salad with vinaigrette.
How to store it?
Shrimp fried rice is one of those recipes that tastes better the next day. You can easily put aside portions of sausage and rice in an airtight container and put in the fridge for at least a few days.
Instant Pot Shrimp fried rice
- 20-25 pieces of medium-sized shrimp
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups of basmati rice
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of chopped carrots small quarters
- 1 chopped green onion scallions
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 6 cups of water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Optional 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Chop the carrots into small quarters.
- Add the sesame oil to the Instant pot and add crushed garlic.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes till fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the eggs) and close the instant pot.
- Cook on Manual/Pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs together in a bowl.
- After the Instant Pot timer ends, quick release the steam.
- Open the instant pot and add the eggs in and mix.
- Sauté the rice for 2 minutes to let the egg cook completely into the rice.
- Serve while warm.
Other seafood recipes
- Baked salmon with hollandaise sauce
- Seafood vermicelli noodle bowl
- Tuna wheat berry salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- Instant pot lemon garlic scallops pasta
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious Instant pot recipes that are quick and easy. Bon appétit!