This Recipe includes
- Potstickers – any type of frozen potstickers, gyozas, or dumplings
- Water – to steam cook the potstickers
- Steamer insert for Instant pot – to keep the dumplings from touching the water.
Dipping Sauce ingredients:
- Soy sauce – low-sodium soy sauce to control the amount of salt
- Sesame oil – for flavor
- Garlic – garlic powder or flakes
- Ginger – ground ginger powder for flavor
- Brown sugar – for a touch of sweet to counteract the soy sauce
- Rice vinegar – for a touch of sour
Why we love it
If you love potstickers, but hate the hassle of making them or the time it takes to make them, this is for you. Traditionally, dumplings and gyozas are usually pan-fried in a little oil with water added to create steam, but that can risk over-burning if you are not paying close attention.
With the Instant pot, you can make them quickly and easily, without having to defrost them in advance, or watching over a stove. (If you have an Air Fryer, I’ve also prepared a batch of air-fried pot stickers, if you want to compare.)
Whether they are veggie potstickers or filled with meat or seafood, with this Instant pot frozen dumpling recipe, they should come out steamed to perfection. And it will certainly be healthier than takeout!
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
You can serve it with a soy peanut sauce, or this creamy coconut peanut sauce for a dish with plenty of flavor.
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, these Instant Pot potstickers can easily be made in advance, and will keep quite well for at least a day or so. Let them cool and then place them in an airtight container in the fridge.
To warm them back up, heat them for 1-2 minutes in the microwave or on the stovetop in a skillet.
If you like this recipe
- 10-12 frozen potstickers
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar
- pinch of ginger powder
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Place a cup of water inside the Instant Pot.
- Place the potstickers on the steamer tray or basket inside of Instant Pot. (Do not let the potstickers touch or fall into the water.)
- Close the Instant Pot and cook on Manual high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dipping sauce together and blend throughly.
- Quick release the Instant Pot and carefully remove the potstickers
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic appetizer recipes that are easy to make. Bon appétit!