This Recipe includes
- Ravioli – any type of fresh ravioli will do, whether it is meat, vegetable, or cheese raviolis.
- Mushrooms – white button or cremini (brown) mushrooms, but you can also use oyster or button mushrooms.
- Butter – to cook the mushrooms
- Heavy cream – any type of heavy cream or crême fraïche
- Bouillon stock – low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- Garlic – garlic powder is the easiest, or fresh garlic if you prefer
- Parsley – dried parsley or a couple of sprigs of fresh parsley for decoration
Why we love it
There are few things that bring the family together more than a homemade meal. When you are looking for a healthy dinner idea that is ready in less than 15 minutes, there is nothing like ravioli in a creamy mushroom sauce.
Super creamy and savory, you can make a vegetarian version or use chicken broth if you prefer a little more flavor. You can also use any type of ravioli you prefer, this delicious mushroom sauce goes with everything.
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
If you wish keep this creamy mushroom ravioli in the fridge, it is best to keep the ravioli and the mushroom sauce separately. Cooked ravioli is best when it is dry, as it looses its texture and becomes mushy in the liquid is added.
Cook each separately and let them cool, and then store the ravioli and the mushroom sauce separately in an airtight glass jar.
You can however prepare a large batch of the mushroom sauce to freeze. Place the mushroom sauce in small single-use containers in the freezer, as it will spoil if you try to unfreeze and refreeze it.
If you like this recipe
- 20oz (600g) of ravioli
- 1 lb of chopped mushrooms (white or cremini)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- Cook the ravioli in a pot over the stove for 3 minutes and drain.
- In another pot or skillet, heat the butter and add mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat until golden brown.
- Stir in cream, stock, and spices and cook for another 5 minutes until thickened.
- Add back the ravioli and let it cook for another couple of minutes.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 556mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!