Cheesy tuna spinach pasta bake in pink sauce
This easy recipe for tuna spinach pasta bake is a wonderfully complete meal that can be served on for dinner, at a picnic, or potluck.
This Recipe includes
|Penne pasta – I’m using penne, but you can use any other type of pasta such as farfelle, fusilli, rotini, rigatoni, etc.|
|Spinach – fresh or baby spinach|
|Tuna – low-sodium canned tuna|
|Grated cheese – any type of grated cheese such as gruyère, cheddar, emmental, parmesan, etc. I’m using cheddar and emmental.|
For the Pink sauce:
|Heavy cream – any type of heavy cream or crême fraiche|
|Tomato sauce – tomato coulis or any other type of tomato sauce such as marinara, etc.|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Basil – dried basil or fresh|
|Oregano – dried oregano|
|Thyme – dried thyme or fresh|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Canned tuna is one of the easiest ingredients to experiment with and to always have in your pantry. It works as a meat substitute, with plenty of flavor and protein to any dish.
And one of my favorite ways to use tuna is in a pasta bake with oodles of cheese, a creamy sauce, and of course some spinach to get those veggies in.
This tuna pasta bake is quick and easy to make and absolutely delicious. The tuna, spinach and cheese are all baked together in one dish until the fresh spinach is just wilted and the cheese has melted.
It is a dish you can easily serve for dinner, take to a potluck, or even serve cold at a picnic, to the delight of all your family and friends.
What to serve with it?
You can serve this tuna spinach pasta bake and cheese with a salad like this tuna corn salad with greens or a starter like tomato tartare.
How to store it?
If you do want to prepare this tuna spinach pasta bake in advance, let it cool completely and place it in an airtight glass container. However, it is not a dish that freezes very well because the pasta gets soggy, so I don’t recommend it.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Tuna and spinach pasta bake
A cheesy tuna and spinach pasta bake that is a delicious and hearty dish everyone will love.
- 400g (0.9lb) of penne pasta
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 5oz can of tuna (140g)
- 1 cup grated cheese (parmesan, gruyère, cheddar, emmental, etc.)
Pink Pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup of crême fraiche (heavy cream)
- 3/4 cup of tomato coulis or tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large pot on the stove, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients for the pink sauce.
- Chop the spinach and drain the tuna from the can.
- Once the pasta has finished cooking, drain the pasta and place it in a large casserole dish.
- Layer the spinach and tuna between the cooked pasta.
- Top the casserole with the pink sauce mix it into the pasta bake.
- Preheat the oven at 375°F (190°C).
- Sprinkle the top layer with shredded cheese, added liberally.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese on top looks cooked and golden brown.
- Serve while warm.
Le Creuset Stoneware 128 Oz. Rectangular Heritage Casserole with Lid
Lipper International Durable Bamboo Over the Sink or Stove Cutting Board
Cuisinart Professional 15 Piece Cutlery Block Set
Tramontina Gourmet 3 Piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Christopher Kimball's Milk Street Traverse Power Whisk
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 560mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other Pasta recipes:
- Sun-dried tomato pesto gnocchi
- Creamy mushroom sauce with ravioli
- Instant pot creamy sausage and pasta
- Burrata pasta with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Shrimp and broccoli pasta
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!