This Recipe includes
- Mayonnaise – store-bought or homemade mayonnaise
- Garlic powder – for that garlicky flavor, I recommend garlic powder or flakes. They are easier to add than crushing fresh garlic, and it mixes in easily.
- Sriracha – sriracha works best, but you can also use Frank’s Red Hot sauce.
- Lemon juice – for a touch of tang
- Paprika – for a bit of spice
- Cayenne pepper – for more spice
Why we love it
Spicy garlic mayo is a staple in my fridge. It’s that perfect blend of spicy, savory and garlicky all at the same time. For that boring plain baked chicken or as a topping on a burger, a little goes a long way.
Adding plain sriracha may not have as many different flavor facets to it, but for sushi, nothing tastes as good as a combo of soy sauce and spicy garlic mayo.
Now, I should mention that the garlic flavor in this sauce is not as strong as the in my rouille spicy garlic sauce. That is more of a homemade sauce that has a much more nostril-tingling garlic taste.
But this spicy mayo is also easier to make, taking 5 minutes or less, and is much more easier to enjoy for young and old. A win in anyone’s books!
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
This spicy garlic mayo can serve as a condiment sauce or topping for burgers, sandwiches, french fries, etc. Use as a dip for crudité veggies, chicken wings and more.
2. Can you freeze it?
I don’t recommend it because the mayonnaise emulsion will separate. The spicy garlic mayo will change in texture and become watery.
In addition, if you are using homemade mayonnaise (rather than store-bought), the uncooked eggs may develop bacteria when frozen.
You can however make it in advance and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
If you like this recipe
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of sriracha
- 1 teaspoon of lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- Adjust the sriracha and cayenne pepper for taste, if you want it more spicy.
- Serve immediately.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 487mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious sauce recipes that make you can easily. Bon appétit!