This Recipe includes
|Camembert cheese wheel|
|Bread (eg. baguette, garlic bread, ciabatta, tortilla chips, toasted pita, breadsticks, or salted crackers.)|
Optional Sweet ingredients
Optional Savory ingredients
|Pesto sauce (homemade or store-bought)|
|Cooked bacon, lardons, or pancetta|
|Fresh herbs (thyme, basic, and rosemary)|
Why we love it
If you are looking for a simple and easy to make appetizer, you know that there is nothing like creamy baked camembert! It’s one of those dishes that just makes your taste buds dance with joy.
The classic French camembert cheese becomes sumptuously rich and gooey when it is melted in the oven or air fryer. A wonderful dip to serve with pieces of toasted bread or baguette. There’s something about the warm soft cheese that just hits the spot every time.
But while the oven is great and all, if you are preparing baked camembert for a party or get together, it is the air fryer that you are going to want.
No need to sit there supervising the oven. Just pop the baked camembert in the air fryer and set the time while you go do all the other stuff you need to get ready. What could be easier!
And the best part is that you can change it up with optional ingredients as accents depending on your taste. Fig jam or pesto sauce? (In this case, I’m using basil pesto sauce as my accent.) It is the ultimate comfort food, and even better when sharing with friends and family.
What to serve with it?
This Air fryer baked camembert makes for wonderful finger food to tear off and munch on. You can serve it along side other finger foods like this delicious savory vegetable cake.
Can you prepare it in advance?
Baked camembert is a dish that is best cooked in the air fryer right before serving. But you can prepare the camembert with the toppings in advance.
Just keep it in the fridge and heat it up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Air fryer baked camembert
- 1 box of camembert
- Bread eg. baguette, garlic bread, ciabatta, tortilla chips, toasted pita, breadsticks, or salted crackers.
Optional Sweet Toppings
- sliced fruit pear or apple slices
- fig jam
- cranberry sauce
Optional Savory Toppings
- fresh herbs thyme, basic, and rosemary
- pesto sauce
- cooked mushrooms
- cooked bacon lardons
- chili flakes
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
- Take the camembert cheese wheel out of its wooden box and remove the plastic wrapping.
- Place the camembert back in the wooden box.
- Add any optional ingredients to the top of the camembert.
- Cook for the camembert for 8 minutes in the air fryer.
- Open the air fryer to see if the camembert is melted enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Add additional optional ingredients to the camembert if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
Other appetizer recipes
- Pork belly bites on gyro
- French deviled eggs
- Fresh Chicken Spring rolls
- Air fryer loaded nachos
- Oven baked cheese puffs
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic starters and appetizers. Bon appétit!