This Recipe includes
|Mayonnaise (homemade or store bought)|
Spices, herbs and ingredients for flavor:
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Deviled eggs have been a staple of French cuisine for generations. Because really who can resist hard-boiled eggs, stuffed with a tangy creamy filling!?
The eggs themselves are easy easy enough to prepare, but it is the the richness of olive oil blending with the zesty taste of dijon mustard that really makes this dish. It is a perfect blend of flavors and textures that you can’t help but pop in your mouth.
One reason for deviled eggs’ popularity is their versatility, making them a great option for any occasion. They can be served as an after-school snack, dinner time appetizer, or even an array of starters at a dinner party.
They’re also quick and easy to make, requiring only a few ingredients and minutes of preparation time. And you can also customize them as you want.
Add some cayenne pepper to make it spicy, or add a touch of avocado or cr for an additional twist.
What to serve with it?
These French deviled eggs go very well alongside a dish like this bacon and goat cheese salad with creamy garlic dressing or this cheesy potatoes casserole.
Can you prepare it in advance?
These French deviled eggs can easily be prepared a few hours in advance.
Just leave them in the fridge and take them out 15 minutes before you are ready to serve so that they get to room temperature.
French deviled eggs
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes, until they are hard boiled. Place the eggs in a pot with an inch of cold water. Bring the water to a boil, and let the eggs cook for 10 minutes. After ten minutes, carefully place the eggs in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Peel the shells off all of the eggs.
- Cut each egg lengthwise so that each half can sit by itself flat on a plate.
- Take the cooked yellow yolks out of each egg white and place in a bowl.
- Mix the cooked egg yolks with the mayonnaise, mustard, herbs and spices. Blend it well so that the mixture is smooth. (Add more mayonnaise if necessary.)
- Using two teaspoons, gently scoop the egg yolk mixture to form small balls and place in each egg white half.
- Garnish with a pinch of extra thyme and serve when ready.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!