This Recipe includes
|Eggplant – 2-3 medium-sized eggplants (aubergine)|
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
|Eggs – to bind the breadcrumbs|
|Flour – to coat the fries for a crunchy flavor.|
|Breadcrumbs – any type of breadcrumbs, such as panko, fresh toasted, etc.|
Spices and herbs:
|Garlic powder or flakes for the spice rub|
|Onion flakes or powder|
|Fresh or dried coriander, also known as cilantro|
|(Optional) Smoked paprika powder|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C) before cooking the eggplant fries. This helps to ensure that the breadcrumbs layer cooks evenly and becomes crispy on the outside.
- Do not use olive oil as it has a low smoking point and will set off smoke in your air fryer.
Why we love it
When it comes to side dishes, there will always be french fries. But for something a bit more healthy and equally delicious, these air fryer eggplant fries are ready to give those potato fries a run for their money.
Eggplant fries are quite easy to make. Just slice the eggplant into fry-shaped pieces, coating them in a mixture of flour and seasonings, and then cooking them in an air fryer.
The result is a crispy and tasty treat that is sure to please even the most discerning palate. And because they are cooked in an air fryer, they require significantly less oil other fried side dishes, if you are trying to eat healthier.
In addition to being healthy and easy to prepare, air fryer eggplant fries are also incredibly versatile. You can season them with a variety of herbs and spices to suit your personal taste, or even add grated cheese for a cheesy twist.
Overall, making and eating air fryer eggplant fries is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy this tasty vegetable.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can easily prepare air fryer garlic eggplant fries in advance and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes to make them crispy again.
Air fryer garlic eggplant (aubergine) fries
- 2 eggplants
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried coriander
- Optional 1 teaspoon of paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Rinse the eggplant and chop into wedges.
- Lay the eggplant out on a paper towel and pat them dry.
- Create a breading station for the eggplant with 3 bowls.
- In the 1st bowl add the flour.
- In the 3rd bowl add the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and optional spices.
- First dip the eggplant fries in the flour, then dip in the egg mixture, and finally dip in the breadcrumbs.
- Spray the oil in your air fryer basket and preheat your air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Spread the eggplant fries into the air fryer basket and set the time to 10 minutes.
- Open the air fryer to see if they are crispy enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!