Air fryer garlic eggplant (aubergine) fries
These delicious garlic eggplant fries cooked in the air fryer are a fun and healthy side dish that the whole family will love.
This Recipe includes
|Eggplant – 2-3 medium-sized eggplants (aubergine)|
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
|Eggs – to bind the breadcrumbs|
|Flour – to coat the fries for a crunchy flavor.|
|Breadcrumbs – any type of breadcrumbs, such as panko, fresh toasted, etc.|
Spices and herbs:
|Garlic powder or flakes for the spice rub|
|Onion flakes or powder|
|Fresh or dried coriander, also known as cilantro|
|(Optional) Smoked paprika powder|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C) before cooking the eggplant fries. This helps to ensure that the breadcrumbs layer cooks evenly and becomes crispy on the outside.
- Do not use olive oil as it has a low smoking point and will set off smoke in your air fryer.
Why we love it
When it comes to side dishes, there will always be french fries. But for something a bit more healthy and equally delicious, these air fryer eggplant fries are ready to give those potato fries a run for their money.
Eggplant fries are quite easy to make. Just slice the eggplant into fry-shaped pieces, coating them in a mixture of flour and seasonings, and then cooking them in an air fryer.
The result is a crispy and tasty treat that is sure to please even the most discerning palate. And because they are cooked in an air fryer, they require significantly less oil other fried side dishes, if you are trying to eat healthier.
In addition to being healthy and easy to prepare, air fryer eggplant fries are also incredibly versatile. You can season them with a variety of herbs and spices to suit your personal taste, or even add grated cheese for a cheesy twist.
Overall, making and eating air fryer eggplant fries is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy this tasty vegetable.
What to serve with it?
These air fryer eggplant fries make a delicious and easy side dish or snack that you can serve with a main dish like lemon pork chops with mushrooms, salmon steak or meatball quesadilla.
They also make a great side dish for a variety of meals, like grilled chicken and meat dishes. You can serve it with a sauce like this spicy garlic mayo or this delicious tahini yogurt sauce.
How to store it?
You can easily prepare air fryer garlic eggplant fries in advance and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes to make them crispy again.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Air fryer garlic eggplant (aubergine) fries
An easy recipe to make delicious aubergine (eggplant) fries in the air fryer fast.
- 2 eggplants
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried coriander
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Rinse the eggplant and chop into wedges.
- Lay the eggplant out on a paper towel and pat them dry.
- Create a breading station for the eggplant with 3 bowls.
- In the 1st bowl add the flour.
- In the 2nd bowl whisk together the egg with the salt and pepper.
- In the 3rd bowl add the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and optional spices.
- First dip the eggplant fries in the flour, then dip in the egg mixture, and finally dip in the breadcrumbs.
- Spray the oil in your air fryer basket and preheat your air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Spread the eggplant fries into the air fryer basket and set the time to 10 minutes.
- Open the air fryer to see if they are crispy enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!